Today there are many remotes available in the market. They are different as per their target applications. Even though they are from different manufacturers, but they follow some standard protocols such as RC5, RC6 or NEC protocol. Here i am showing how to decode NEC protocol remote. I am using a PIC16F micrcontroller. NEC is the toughest protocol to decode, hence secure also. You can see full video demo here.
- 8 bit address and 8 bit command length
- Address and command are transmitted twice for reliability
- Pulse distance modulation
- Carrier frequency of 38kHz
- Bit time of 1.125ms or 2.25ms